Lauren McGee, associate attorney, has been an attorney since 2015, focusing her practice
exclusively on immigration law. Ms. McGee’s experience includes
working directly with individuals from many different cultural, social,
and economic backgrounds, which allows her to appreciate the nuances of
each case and deliver skilled, thoughtful, and intelligent representation
to each client.
Before joining Milla & Associates, Ms. McGee was an immigration attorney
at a reputable non-profit organization serving Chicagoland’s immigrant
communities. At this organization, Ms. McGee provided comprehensive immigration-related
legal services to individuals and coordinated naturalization workshops.
Ms. McGee has been involved with immigration law in various roles since
2011, during which time she has gained substantial experience with an
array of immigration cases, including adjustment of status, family- and
employment-based petitions, naturalization, asylum, U-visas, Violence
Against Women Act (VAWA), Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA),
and hardship waivers.
Ms. McGee’s experience reflects a commitment to serving immigrant
communities and a passion for practicing immigration law.
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2015
- St. Cloud State University (Minnesota), Bachelor of Science in Mass Communications
and Bachelor of Arts in Spanish, Summa cum laude, 2008
Honors & Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Client Counseling, 2015.
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, International Humanitarian Law of
Armed Conflict, 2015
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Juvenile Law, 2014
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Children and Divorce, 2014
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Intimate Partner Violence, 2014
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Immigration Law and Policy 2014
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Family and Employment-based Immigration
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Mediation 2013
- Dean’s Distinguished Public Service Award, 2013-2014 Academic Year
- Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI), Explore the Possibilities: Public
Interest Law Opportunities for Law Students, 2016
- Centro Comunitario Juan Diego, "Know Your Rights" Presentation,
- Sauk Prairie (WI) School District, "Know Your Rights" Presentation,
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Guest Lecturer for Advanced Legal Writing
Course on Immigration: Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and
U Visas, April 2017